Tulsa Home Care Services Franchise
For Tulsa entrepreneurs, the dream of owning their own business can become a reality by considering a Tulsa home based business franchise.
A home based business franchise offers low startup costs, flexibility and low overhead costs. It’s a perfect model for those wanting to become business owners and be their own boss.
Why Consider A Tulsa Home Based Business Franchise
If you are someone who wants to have a business of your own, have limited finances for initial investment, and want to increase your likelihood of success, then there is no better option than a home based business franchise.
A home based business franchise is a business whose primary location is the owner’s home. No costly brick and mortar office or retail space is required. Such businesses typically have limited employees and a limited scope of operation. Many franchises support these franchsees with call centers allowing the franchise owner to focus on customers. Home-based businesses require more modest initial investment since you do not need to rent out an office and are able to save on utility bills such as the phone service and internet connection.
The home based nature of the business curtails the amount of initial investment required to purchase the franchise. A franchise also gives you access to an established brand and its considerable support resources in helping you succeed. There is no better way of starting out and no surer way of securing success in your first independent venture.
Benefits of a Home Based Franchise
The benefits of owning a Tulsa home based business franchise are many. The paramount benefits are the flexibility it offers and ability to call the business your own.
A home based business franchise helps alleviate the hectic schedule of a daily commute, punching in from 9-to-5 and promotes a better overall work-life balance.
Some home based franchises are run entirely from your home while others require you to perform the work at a client’s home or place of business.
Most home based franchises offer lower start-up costs and overhead for the majority of the work being performed at the clients’ site. There are usually no costs associated with having to buy or rent a separate brick and mortar facility. And, overhead is kept low because inventory is minimal.
Another major benefit of a home based franchise is that you are buying into a proven business model. When you buy into a franchise you are typically provided a book of standard operating procedures, training and support to guide you through every step of running the franchise. You will also have access to the full network of other franchisees that can provide guidance, support and lessons learned from their experience with the business.
Factors To Consider Before Starting A Home Based Business Franchise Opportunity
While a Tulsa home based business franchise is indeed one of the more sure-shot ways of succeeding, it is important to know that it requires its share of time and effort. If you want to make this a successful venture, you first need to assess whether you are suited for this type of business or not. For that, you need to consider the following factors:
- Are you willing to put in the hours: While there a few part time home based franchises, most franchise owners will attest to having put in full-time hours, particularly in the early days, to be able to establish the business successfully. If you plan to start a home-based franchise, you may be able to set a flexible schedule, but be prepared to put in long hours of work to get the returns you want.
- Do you have the space to work at home: While working at home saves you the cost of physical location, you need to remember that you will need proper home office space to be able to run your business competently from your home. Your home will be your headquarters, so it is important to ensure that you have the required space to be able to carry out all your necessary responsibilities.
- Do you have the motivation to work on your own: To succeed in any venture, it is important to be driven. Working on your own, from home, requires you to have considerable self-motivation, without which you are likely to slack off and fail in your attempt to strike out on your own in the business world.
- Are you organized enough: When you are running a business by yourself, it is of the essence to be organized. You need to record and store information in an easily accessible fashion, be mindful of appointments and deadlines, and fulfill all other administrative and managerial tasks as required. If you are not an organized professional, then running a business on your own out of your home might prove to be an insurmountable challenge.
What To Look At When Deciding on A Home Based Business Franchise
If a home based business franchise sounds intriguing to you, it is time to get into the nitty gritty of choosing and evaluating your options. Here are some factors to consider:
- State Regulations: Look up state regulations pertaining to home based franchising. If they are too complicated and costly, you might need to reconsider your decision.
- You Interests and Expertise: Now look at where you interests lie: Are you into providing services, or are you great with customer service? Choosing a franchising option that interests you will help ensure you are driven to succeed.
- Investment Needed: Once you have a shortened list of franchising options you are interested in, look up the startup cost involved with each and compare that with the finance available. This will further narrow down the list to those options that are financially viable for you.
- Franchise Agreement Requirements: Look up the requirements of the shortlisted franchising options. Are there annual franchise fees? Are there ongoing royalty fees? Are you required to travel? What is the cost of terminating the agreement? Contact the franchisor and get details. This might also be a good time to get details about the kind of support you can hope to get from your franchisor.
- Thoroughly Vet Each Franchise Business Opportunity: Review the franchise model to see if coaching, advertising and ongoing support is available to new franchises. Also look into current franchisee satisfaction to understand if others are happy with the franchisor. Finally, you should look into any required certifications and if the franchise is covered by an exclusive territory of services.
These factors will help you choose a franchising option that is financially viable, compatible with your interests and skills, and able to offer considerable support in your endeavor to succeed.
What Are the Best Home Based Franchises?
Some of the best Tulsa home based franchises offer services homeowners require daily. Some of the top categories include the following and provide a proven business model for a person looking to be their own boss.
- Home Improvement Services
- Cleaning Services
- Property Management Services
- Home Maintenance Services
- Travel Agency
Contact the That Franchise Guy to Find Your Dream Home Based Franchise
As long as you are driven, do the necessary research, and are prepared for the hard work that goes into making any business venture successful, a Tulsa home based business franchise is a wonderful option for you.
Contact John Anderson, That Franchise Guy, to learn more, or take our free Franchise Assessment quiz to learn what franchise fits you best.